About Me

My photo
Massachusetts, United States
I am a painter in search of an audience! Here are words to catch search engine hits: painting artist RISD New England Longmeadow Amherst Boston...more as I think of them. Check out my portfolio on a seperate website. The link is on the top of the righthand column

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

First 11 Verses Psalms 103

 1 Hear my prayer, O LORD,
         And let my cry come to You.
 2 Do not hide Your face from me in the day of my trouble;
         Incline Your ear to me;
         In the day that I call, answer me speedily.
        
 3 For my days are consumed like smoke,
         And my bones are burned like a hearth.
 4 My heart is stricken and withered like grass,
         So that I forget to eat my bread.
 5 Because of the sound of my groaning
         My bones cling to my skin.
 6 I am like a pelican of the wilderness;
         I am like an owl of the desert.
 7 I lie awake,
         And am like a sparrow alone on the housetop.
        
 8 My enemies reproach me all day long;
         Those who deride me swear an oath against me.
 9 For I have eaten ashes like bread,
         And mingled my drink with weeping,
 10 Because of Your indignation and Your wrath;
         For You have lifted me up and cast me away.
 11 My days are like a shadow that lengthens,
         And I wither away like grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment