About Me

My photo
Massachusetts, United States
I am a painter in search of an audience! Here are words to catch search engine hits: painting artist RISD New England Longmeadow Amherst Boston...more as I think of them. Check out my portfolio on a seperate website. The link is on the top of the righthand column

Friday, October 14, 2011

Is Painting Again Dead?

I recently posted how I was rejected by the New American Painting Competition. The curator of the "contest" was a curator from the deCordova Museum by the name of  Dina Deitsch. Now I have noticed that Ms. Deitsch was co-curator of the 2012 DeCordova Biennial opening in January of next year. Looking over the list of 23 chosen artists I have found only 3 painters. Was she really the best choice to pick painters for a painting periodical? Was her heart truly in it? I look forward to seeing her 40 painters when the New American Painting Northeast edition comes out in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment