About Me

My photo
Massachusetts, United States
I am a painter in search of an audience! Here are words to catch search engine hits: painting artist RISD New England Longmeadow Amherst Boston...more as I think of them. Check out my portfolio on a seperate website. The link is on the top of the righthand column

Friday, May 13, 2011

How I Pine for Existentialism







The above introduction was written by Peter Selz for this 1959 MOMA exhibition. Unfortunately any portrayal of angst today must be either taken as  irony or kitsch. Can you imagine anyone taking "The Scream" seriously if painted today? Whatever happened to alienation? I have posted below the list of artist in the show. Please note how some artist have completely disappeared from art historical consciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment