About Me

My photo
Massachusetts, United States
I am a painter in search of an audience! Here are words to catch search engine hits: painting artist RISD New England Longmeadow Amherst Boston...more as I think of them. Check out my portfolio on a seperate website. The link is on the top of the righthand column

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Georgia O'Keeffe

Georgia O'Keeffe "Black Maple Trunk Yellow Leaves" 1929

I am not usually taken with O'keeffe paintings but this one I love. It is nice to see a big sensual nature image that is not vaginal. I also find most O'keeffes disappointing in person, the surfaces so thin and dry. But they do reproduce nicely thus accounting for the huge Georgia O monograph industry. Of course I haven't seen this painting in person so...OOPS!...just saw the vagina!...oh...there's another one.....

No comments:

Post a Comment