About Me

My photo
Massachusetts, United States
I am a painter in search of an audience! Here are words to catch search engine hits: painting artist RISD New England Longmeadow Amherst Boston...more as I think of them. Check out my portfolio on a seperate website. The link is on the top of the righthand column

Friday, February 18, 2011

The Crimes of Andy Warhol #10



Andy's 8 hour film "Empire" is screening tonight at MOMA. That is 8 hours of the 6 minute snippet above. Nothing else but this slowed down view of the Empire State Building. And apparently a lot of important art world types will be in attendance and...wow...some of them will be "Twirping" about it LIVE! Now I have no doubt that hours can be spent analyzing and expounding on this cinematic delight but actually watching it? I think a better project would be to secretly film this "heads up their asses" crowd watching the film. That way we could determine which viewers were the shallowest.

No comments:

Post a Comment