About Me

My photo
Massachusetts, United States
I am a painter in search of an audience! Here are words to catch search engine hits: painting artist RISD New England Longmeadow Amherst Boston...more as I think of them. Check out my portfolio on a seperate website. The link is on the top of the righthand column

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Artist Statement ?

I am sure I am not alone in my hatred for the "Artist Statement". For years I have tried to work something up but it is so contrary to my views on "visual" art that I just can't do it. Today I found an old spiral notebook containing something I wrote well over ten years ago. Though I don't agree with all of it now I feel editing it would just put me in the same position I am now in relation to explaining my work; so I'll just let it stand as I wrote it in some long forgotten time and know that it is basically my "Statement" today.







No comments:

Post a Comment