About Me

My photo
Massachusetts, United States
I am a painter in search of an audience! Here are words to catch search engine hits: painting artist RISD New England Longmeadow Amherst Boston...more as I think of them. Check out my portfolio on a seperate website. The link is on the top of the righthand column

Thursday, December 2, 2010

What Keeps Me Awake #3

Waiting for the First 6-D Movie

Clearly the mystery of the universe is not solved by understanding that there are 3-dimensions, nor by 4, 5, 6 or any other number of dimensions. All dimensionality requires space and any amount of space requires there to be space outside of space. Now some theorists may be happy with the concept of infinite space but I find that too easy and impossible. I know this sounds naive and a little too commonsense; knowledge of the "real" foundations of the universe and existence itself will show dimensionality either misunderstood by us or just an illusion. Unfortunately no human will ever know these truths and in fact can never know them because we can only really perceive, even mathematically, in a dimensional way.

No comments:

Post a Comment