About Me

My photo
Massachusetts, United States
I am a painter in search of an audience! Here are words to catch search engine hits: painting artist RISD New England Longmeadow Amherst Boston...more as I think of them. Check out my portfolio on a seperate website. The link is on the top of the righthand column

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Goodbye Mr. Freud

Leigh Bowery by Lucien Freud


I did not realize until today that Lucien Freud died this past July. There is no other artist alive who can replace him. No joke! When you would have thought there was nothing left to say about realist painting along came Lucien.  He manages to make you not only see but feel the human figure. Most figurative art is a simulation but with Freud the flesh is real like a communion wafer.

In Freud's Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment